1. Install Python 2.5.
2. Download App-Engine SDK and documentation.
3. Extract to directory.
4. If using Eclipse, follow the instructions listed here:
5. On the eclipse integration with assembla, you will need the Mylyn + extras plugin. Install those first. If you are familiar with Trac it should be easy. But learning Trac is not that hard.
Trac is the issue tracking tool used by assembla which is well integrated with svn. So you will need Subclipse too.
6. On your update manager in eclipse, add these links :
Subclipse : http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x
Mylyn : http://download.eclipse.org/tools/mylyn/update/e3.4
Mylyn Extras : http://download.eclipse.org/tools/mylyn/update/extras/
7. Choose to install all features of Mylyn including the extras for the Trac plugin.
8. On subclipse, point your new repository from assembla (Or, other code repository) via Subversion Repository Exploring perspective.
(documentation for eclipse provided by Jose Maranan)